Leather couch cleaning is often considered quite easy as with just a wipe, you can take off the spill. However, as it is made up of porous material, it needs to be cleaned more carefully and cautiously. Using the wrong cleaning solution can make your couch look dull. It is good to use the best leather cleaning service in Melbourne at a regular interval to maintain the appearance of your leather couch.
To help you with your regular leather couch cleaning job, we have a go-to guide to share with you.
Stepwise guide to clean leather couch at home to get results like professional leather cleaning service in Melbourne:
Prepare Your Couch for Cleaning
- The first step is to remove hard dust, dirt and debris from your sofa.
- Remove cushions, covers, and all objects placed on your couch.
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe off the surface of your leather couch.
Leather Couch Cleaning
- The next step is deep leather couch cleaning. For this take any saddle soap. Make a mild soapy solution by mixing saddle soap in lukewarm water.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it into the cleaning solution you have made in the first step.
- Wipe off your leather couch with the damped solution. Make sure that the cloth is damp and not wet. The excess water may leave watermarks on your couch, which will need a professional leather cleaning service in Melbourne.
- Once you complete cleaning the leather couch with a damp cloth, take a clean rag or a cloth and wipe off the couch to remove dampness.
How to Remove Stains from a Leather Couch?
It is tricky to treat a stain on a leather sofa compared to other fabrics. If you can, it is recommended to invest in the best leather cleaning service in Melbourne to avoid hassle and possible damage to the couch. Alternatively, we have an effective cleaning hack to address stains on a leather couch:
- Remove hard spills with a napkin or your hands.
- Take paper towels and absorb liquid or stain as much as possible from the surface. Do not rub or push down the stain during this process. Be very gentle.
- Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar with ¼ cup of water to make the leather couch cleaning
- Take a clean microfiber cloth and damp it into the cleaning solution you just made with white vinegar and water.
- Gently wipe off the stain using the damped cloth. Repeat the process of damping a clean side of the cloth into the leather cleaning solution and wiping off the stain until the stain disappears.
- In the next step, wipe off the cleaning solution using some paper towels.
- Now mix a saddle soap in water to create a soapy solution. Damp a cloth in this solution and wipe off the affected area. It will remove the odour of vinegar from the couch.
- Let it completely dry before use.
If it doesn’t remove the stain completely, don’t wait anymore, simply use a professional leather cleaning service in Melbourne.